Sunday 21 June 2015

Mercy Johnson And Husband Explains “ Why They Can’t Cheat On Each Other ” | Read




Mercy Johnson-Okojie and husband Odianosen Okojie have been married for four years , and in a recent interview, opened up about themselves. In the interview, the couple explained why they cant cheat on each other.
They also dished out about how they had met , and some issues their marriage has faced.
Excerpts from the interview below.
How did you meet each other ?
Odi: I met Mercy for the first time in 2008 on a flight from France . We both flew Business Class and I asked for her number but she refused. She was very down -to -earth even as a celebrity . I know how a lot of them behave but she is different . Being very focused and a goal -getter, I did everything I could just to have her including her number after I set my eyes on her .

Mercy : After the flight episode , he came around to Surulere where I was getting my hair done at a saloon. Somehow, he had gotten my number and we spoke. We talked and later had dinner .
How did he propose?
Mercy : During a conversation, he suggested that we take our relationship to the next level. While we were dating , I knew we would get married because he became a part of my life and we were very passionate about each other . There was a day we attended a wedding and he said , ‘ I think our wedding cake should have a tint of this colour . ’
Was he comfortable with your movie roles?
Mercy : He wasn’ t comfortable with the romantic scenes . I stopped taking up such roles in 2009 when I realised we were getting serious and headed for marriage . I was so in love with him that I started adjusting my lifestyle and personality to suit him . He is enlightened and well-travelled. He understands the demands of my job and has no problems with my career. He simply gives me space to fly .
What sacrifices did you make for your marriage to work ?
Mercy: I learnt how to speak his language, Ishan, in less than a year. It wasn’ t difficult for me because I was crazy about him . I bought CDS and Ishan literature and my husband also spoke the language to me whether I understood or not .
I also wanted to be part of the discussions as well. It didn’ t take me up to five months and I already knew the basics before we wedded.
Also, I cut down on my dresses. He made me understand that with age , you have to let go of certain things because life is a phase.
Do you watch her movies?
Odi: No . That is because I don ’ t really have time to watch Nollywood movies . I would rather watch the news and a little bit of soccer whenever my busy schedule permits me.
How do you keep the spark burning in your union with the birth of your children ?
Odi: We crack a lot of jokes and play together because she is my best friend . I confide in her always and she is also supportive of me as well. We go to quiet places together and also attend family engagements. With the birth of our kids , I haven’ t loved her any less ; in fact I call her my daughter .
Mercy : I buy funny cards, which I slip into his pockets, and then he would jokingly remind me about the fact that I have two children. I also dress skimpily in bum shorts and parade in the room whenever he is around .
What attribute do you admire the most in your spouse ?
Odi: My wife is an extension of myself and vice versa . When I met her , she was not a strong Christian but now I can say she is stronger than I am. She does all the praying for the family and I am very proud of her .
Mercy : It is hard to choose because Odi is the human definition of perfection , I can’t explain it . He completes and makes me a better person in all ramifications. I might have made a lot of errors if I hadn ’ t met him —I see some of my old pictures and cannot believe I dressed skimpily. You may think you are living the career but you are making errors . Our daughter , Purity, will grow up someday and see those things and I will have a lot of explanations to make .
What do you not like about your wife ?
Odi: Absolutely nothing . She does everything I like and that has kept us strong .
Mercy : My husband is too truthful and that gets me upset sometimes. He......Read more
source:www.ngtrends.com

No comments :
Write comments